-Let me start this review by saying it is not for the male audience-
When I first heard about the diva cup, I was a little taken a back.. I was also a little grossed out by the idea. Then I opened my eco-friendly mom and baby boutique, and was forced to take another look at it because it is one of the most eco friendly mom products on the market. I knew that I would have to try it for myself before I could carry it in my store for other moms, or lady's out there to try.
1. It is made from safe, medical grade silicon that is known to be non-toxic for our bodies.
2. Used correctly the Diva Cup is more comfortable than tampons.
3. There is no need to carry extra supplies when you travel or are out and about.
4. There is no need to keep buying tampons or pads. Thus it will save you money!
5. No gross waste to hide or worry about clogging the toilet.
6. Good for heavy or light flows.
7. Can be safely worn for 12 hours at a time, so you spend less time worrying about it.
8. When worn correctly, No gross leakage. (I always hated the "rip-cord" on my tampons)
9. The risk of TSS (toxic shock syndrome) is virtually non existent.
10. Less odor. Seriously.. smells and feels fresher.
11. Did I mention how comfortable it is??
It did take me a few trys to know how to tell if the Diva Cup was correctly situated. You will quickly learn that if it doesn’t feel right, it is not in correctly. It will feel a little uncomfortable if it’s not placed correctly.
The Diva Cup is not for the squeamish. If you are not comfortable with the idea of using an applicator free tampon, chances are you won’t be comfortable with the Diva Cup.
You will be rinsing out your cup, again this is not for the faint of heart.
The instructions will tell you to rotate the Cup one full circle. When you do this it becomes leak free and comfortable. If you don’t do this, there is a chance you might have a leak.
You will NEED to wash the cup with a non toxic safe soap – Diva Wash is perfect for this.
Diva cup retails for around 39.99 and can be used month after month.
The Diva cup can be purchased at: Bums N'beyond! (click link)